The basic design of all soundbars is almost identical. Butt, setup, and connection vary from brand to brand. In this guide, we will help you connect your JBL soundbar to your TV.
There are three different options for connecting the JBL soundbar to your TV. You can connect using HDMI ARC, Optical, and Bluetooth. The last option only works if you have a smart TV that supports Bluetooth. You can visit the Soundbar Guru for the latest speakers and soundbar information.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to TV Using HDMI ARC
The HDMI connection is the best option to connect the JBL sound bar to TV. This is because the HDMI connection is highly compatible with digital audio. It gives a smooth and high-definition sound. HDMI is a two-in-one connection. It transmits both audio and video.
Follow these simple steps to connect your TV and JBL soundbar.
- Find the HDMI (ARC) port on the sound bar.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port.
- Find the HDMI input on the back of your TV.
- Insert the other end of the HDMI cable into the TV port.
- Turn on both your TV and sound bar.
- Turn on the HDMI CEC and HDMI ARC functions on your TV.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to TV Using Optical Cable
The optical cable is an alternative to HDMI cable. This is how it works.
You can connect your JBL sound bar to your TV by following the procedure described above. The process of connecting the sound bar to the TV via optical or HDMI is the same. You can visit how to connect soundbar to computer.
The main difference between HDMI and optical cable is the quality of the transmission. HDMI supports all audio formats, including Blu-ray, Dolby True HD, and DTS. You get premium sound quality with an HDMI connection. In addition, it can send video signals.
While optical connections cannot transfer the latest audio formats. Therefore, it is not ideal.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to TV via Bluetooth
If you have a smart TV that supports Bluetooth, you can connect the JBL sound bar to your TV.
Follow these simple steps to make this connection
- First, turn on your sound bar and TV.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your soundbar.
- You can perform this function remotely or by pressing a button on the soundbar.
- A blue flash indicates that the sound bar is ready to pair.
- Now, enable Bluetooth on your TV and find the available devices.
- Select the JBL sound bar on your TV.
- When the connection is successful, a solid blue indication appears.
- Finally, you can play media on your TV and the sound will come from your JBL sound bar.
The Bluetooth connection is not very reliable. It can transmit audio with delay. Also, the sound quality is not excellent.
Frequently Asked Questions – (FAQs)
- How do I connect my JBL soundbar 2.0 to my TV?
Connect the soundbar to your TV via the provided HDMI cable or optical cable (sold separately). An HDMI connection via a supplied HDMI cable supports digital audio and video with one connection. HDMI connectivity is the best option for your sound bar.
- How do I connect a soundbar to my TV?
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable (sold separately) to the HDMI IN port on your TV.
- Connect the other end to the TV OUT (ARC) port on your soundbar.
- Then, connect the optical audio cable from the TV’s optical digital audio out to the optical on your soundbar (this is necessary to listen to TV audio).
- How do I connect my JBL soundbar to my TV without HDMI?
Digital optical or digital coaxial. Suppose your soundbar doesn’t have an HDMI connector. In that case, the next best option is to use a digital optical or digital coaxial cable – capable of transmitting digital audio up to 5.1 surround sound.
- How do I connect my JBL soundbar 9.1 to my TV and mobile?
You have two options to connect JBL Bar 9.1 to your TV. you can connect on mi portal fone sev by following simple guide available here on google playstore as well.The first option is to connect the video source to the HDMI input of the soundbar and then connect the soundbar to your TV via the HDMI-ARC output port. (Bar 9.1 supports 4K and HDR / Dolby Vision passthrough.)